Detlev Fischer, born 1961. 2 children. Lives in Hamburg.
- Project manager of the INCOBS mainstream technologies project at DIAS GmbH
- Extensive reelance work for, among others, feld.wald.wiese, Pfennigparade, Viadesk, Dell Deutschland, Pixelpark, Sennheiser Streaming Technologies, ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio, and Stadt Marburg.
- Invited Expert of the WCAG Working Group. Active participant in the Mobile Accessibility Task Force (MATF).
- Independent consultant (information, usability, inclusive design, test development & standards) for, among others, feld.wald.wiese, Pfennigparade, Viadesk, Dell Deutschland, Pixelpark, Sennheiser Streaming Technologies, ARD ZDF Deutschlandradio, and Stadt Marburg.
- Freelance work for Testkreis @ feld.wald.wiese, Blinden- und Sehbehindertenverein Hamburg (BSVH), DIAS GmbH, and others.
- Manager test development BITV-Test within the project "BIK - barrierefrei informieren und kommunizieren" at DIAS GMbH, Hamburg
- Invited Expert of WCAG Working Group. Member of the WCAG 2.0 Evaluation Methodology Task Force (EVAL TF).
- Projekt manager and user interface designer at TFK Transportforschung GmbH (which later became BMT Transport Solutions GmbH, now part of BMT Hi-Q Sigma). user interface analyses, usability reviews, web design und graphic information design.
- Research and information managment for a range of EU-DGTREN und INTERREG projects (Infolog, Euroborder, IRENE, THEMIS, Seaplane, Europlane), Desgin of the transport research database NTF-Recap of Nordic Transport Research Forum
- Market and competitor analyses especially in the commodity sector: bulk, energy, food.
- Multimedia developer, Berufsfortbildungswerk Lübeck
- Development of an interactive training course based on HTML for occupational training: "Internet-Fahrschule" (CD-ROM based)
- Teaching and occupational training, focus on the internet and the World Wide Web
- Research Fellow at Coventry University, School of Art and Design, Coventry, UK
- Development of interactive diagrams (so called cinegrams) as a new medium for technical documentation
- Field research over several years in the area of aviation maintenance, for example, at Rolls Royce Aero-Engines, Derby, NAYAK Aircraft Services, Bremen, and Lufthansa Technik, Hamburg
- 1997 completion of doctoral thesis, A theory of presentation and its implications for the design of online technical documentation
- Study at Coventry University, School of Art and Design, Coventry, UK. Final degree: MA Electronic Graphics
- Design and HyperCard prototyping for Art of Memory, Chipping Campden, UK, Consulting for Information Design Unit, Milton Keynes, UK
- Study of Visual Communication at Hochschule für bildende Künste, Hamburg
- Several short films, then interactive narrative work (Schwamm)
- 1990 HfbK Degree with distiction (Diplom Handlungsmedien)
- Freelance activities in the film sector (lighting, camera, editing)
- An uneventful school career in Ratzeburg.
- 1980 Abitur.
- Until 1982, civilian service at Kinderheim Wakenitzhof, Lübeck